Sunday, April 24, 2005

Silly Catalog Products

I order a lot of stuff from websites and consequently I receive a hell of a lot of catalogues in the mail trying to get me to buy more. One of the catalog was from the NRA. I have been a card carrying member of the vast right wing conspiracy since earlier this year.

One of the items listed was the NRA Concealed Carry Vest. This is basically a rebadged Royal Robbins 5.11 Vest. Now I have a question for you folks, both the shooters and non-shooters. If you were going to conceal a gun on your person, would you want large shooting organization logos on your clothing? I mean, its not like the NRA vest is for photography.

Almost three years ago now, Amybear and I went to her local 4th of July fireworks display. One man was there with his wife and few kids. He was more alert than the typical local, which drew my attention. I noticed he had on a second amendment t-shirt and hat. I also noticed he had a fanny pack on his left hip in the crossdraw position. This rang some bells and whistles in my head. Chances are the guy was carrying, which I wouldn't have minded if he wasn't picnicking on a high school football field.

In the end I didn't do anything. He was minding his own business with his kids. I have no clue what Virginia weapons laws are in this case. Plus that guy had a police issue haircut and mustache.

Just a thought here to any concealed carry people in the audience, might it be a good idea not to wear clothing that says "GUN OWNER" while you are carrying?

No comments: