Monday, April 04, 2005

Sunday at the Range

After fixing the sump pump, I stopped off at the range to get in some practice. Ever since I let my Targetmaster membership slide, my marksmanship has been sliding too. I put 50 rounds through Sunshine and used up the last of my winchester white box bargain pack in my hipower.

Technically you aren't supposed to shoot white box at Targetmaster. This is not because it is bad ammo. They say it is, but it's a lie. This is because you can buy 100 rounds of white box at walmart for about ~$12 when the same ammount of Remington ammo costs ~$16 at Targetmaster. You can't shoot it because it cut into into the ranges ammo sales. Now if I was shooting one of their guns, I'd shoot their ammo. If white box was berdan primed so it would cause problems with them reselling the brass, I would shoot their ammo. However none of these things are true, so I'll shoot my ammo in my guns, thank-you-very-much.

They also do not want you to shoot blazer ammo there, but this is because blazer has an aluminum case instead of brass. You can't reload it. And it is also non-ferromagnetic so unlike the steel-cased wolf ammo, you can't sort it out with a magnet. So you have to sort it out by hand and it isn't worth it. Lots of ranges have this rule and I don't have a problem with it.

No comments: