Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Chinese Cars

Chinese industry can be good. They actually make some darn good guns. Cheap labor prices mean that they can do things the high quality old fashioned way instead of the cheaper and often crappier modern way.

But sometimes not so much. The Chinese auto industry has a way to go. Their Landwind SUV recieved a crash test rating of 0 out of 5 in European testing. It is the only zero ever recorded. Not only does the safety cage fail, but it turns around and throttles the steering wheel through the crash test dummy's head. There are videos!

But hey it's probably pretty cheap. Of course if I were going to drive a car that I knew would kill me, why not make it expensive? I won't be needing that money anyway.

At least when I get the itch for a motorcycle again, I'll be able to tell Amybear "but dear, it's still safer than a Chinese SUV."

No comments: