Monday, October 03, 2005

A Weekend in Review

I got a lot done this weekend. Floors were vacuumed. Clothes were washed. Recyclables were recycled. I bought and delivered my Dad's 70th birthday present. Things were generally good. The following deserve a bit more than a footnote, perhaps a bullet point.
  • My brother and I went to see Serenity yesterday. It was quite good, but also fairly open-ended. I got the feeling they tied up the major arc-plots of the original series, especially River and her brother's plot. There is also room for future stories with most of the crew, if you get my drift.
  • I went shooting Saturday with my hipower and 1911. Things went well, but towards the end of shooting the grips on my hipower cracked. This is the second set of wood grips to crack and both did it in the same place along the grain lines. The first set were fairly cheap, but these latest were not. No more wood grips for me, my next set will be synthetic.
  • While cleaning the air filter on my Protege, I noticed that one of the mounting brackets on my intake had cracked. I bolted it down as best I could and now I have to call AEM to see if they'll send/sell me the replacement part. The car still runs, although I'm running good gas for the next tank until my fuel injection system realizes the engine is breathing better.
  • Sly Cooper 3 is out for PS2. This meant I had to do the only logical thing. I bought Sly Cooper 2 for $20. It is a great game and unlike the last one, there are levels where you play the whole gang. Murray the Hippo (the muscle of the team) and Bentley the Turtle (the brains) make for much more interesting game-play changes than the mini games of Sly 1. I'm enjoying it way more than I should. Which is why I got way too little sleep last night.


UPDATE: Tycho is noticing that Serenity isn't burning up the box office. I would like to note that nothing is burning up the box office right now. Turnout to the theatres was really light yesterday, probably because the weather was so nice. At least Serenity came out on top of the new releases moneywise.

No comments: