Tuesday, October 25, 2005

NaNoWriMo

November is National Novel Writing Month. Risawn is thinking about doing it and Michele Catalano has actually signed up.

The way NaNoWriMo works is you spend all of November writing a novel. A novel is defined as a work of fiction no less than 50,000 pages long. Did I say pages? Sorry that is only for the fantasy novelists. I meant 50,000 words long.

That is the equivalent of writing about 6 to 7 pages per day, every day, for the whole month. At the end you are a "winner" for completing it. In order to do this most people work out the details of plot beforehand and then do massive free writing for the whole month. Editing comes later, if at all.

I've thought about doing this, but it won't be this year. I'll be busy in November and I'm not out of my bible study leadership role yet either. Maybe I'll start the outlining process for something next year.

No comments: