Monday, October 17, 2005

Parents These Days...

Michele is pontificating on proms and the quality of modern parentage.
The sad part is, it's not just prom night. Have you seen the MTV show about Sweet 16s? It's enough to make you sick to your stomach. What is it with this generation of parents?
Amen sister.

I'm a TV addict. I blame my parents (or else I would have to take personal responsibility and we can't have that...) I'll admit to catching parts of Sweet 16 and Laguna Beach on MTV. It's scary and I don't often watch long. The shows compel you to watch in the same way "when animals attack" or the police chase shows do. They're like watching a train wreck, which is kind of fun in a sick way.

What really scares me is not that these children are little monsters. They certainly are, but that is beside the point. What worries me is that some younger kids, the junior high MTV set, may be watching Laguna Beach and thinking that is how they are supposed to behave. Now that is frightening.

No comments: