Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Organizers on the Cheap

I have a PDA. It's a palm m105. I bought it in grad school after I missed one too many meetings. I considered several options to spending over a hundred bucks, like small notebooks and the like. In the end though a paper notebook won't beep and annoy me if I forget something (like jury duty that was scheduled months ago). So the palm was a good investment and I still use it regularly.

If you are looking for something with 90% of the functionality, then there are two possibilities you might want to look at. The first is the Pocketmod. It's a sheet of paper you make with flash program. Using some creative folding, you cut and fold it into an 8 sheet organizer.

Nice, but there is no way to hot sync the thing with my datebook. What I really want is a pocketmod program that interfaces with my electronic calendar at work. That way I print out one in the morning and I have everything I need to do that day in my pocket.

There is also the Hipster. This is a stack of 3x5 cards binder clipped together. You write on them with a pen. The hipster mini uses business cards instead. If the bind clip bugs you, then several index card or business card holders are available at office stores.

Via Evangelical Outpost.

No comments: