Thursday, October 07, 2004

Bad Ways to Start a Day

Bad Way Number 1: Get rear-ended leaving your apartment complex. I pull forward to get set to merge out into traffic, she pulls forward into me. I'm guessing she was looking at traffic and not at the guy in front of her.

Anyway the good news is that the collision was very low speed. My car has a small scratch on the rear bumper. She might have something similar. Looks like the bumpers did their jobs and prevented any other damage. Plus, for once, it isn't my fault.

My last car had really crappy brakes. So that the last two times I've been in one of these I had the guilt of causing it. Not so with this one, she hit me. I can't really be too mad. She didn't do much damage and I've done worse to other folks. Ok so I can be mad, no sense going into denial or anything, but frankly little harm was done.

Bad news. I have her information, she has mine. I was mister nice guy and didn't insist that the cops be called. Like I said, there really isn't any damage or injury so it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully the lack of a police report won't do much since no money should be changing hands. I'm going to have to buy a cell phone now so I can call the cops and not depend on the other person though. Oh well hopefully learning from my mistakes won't be too costly.

No comments: