Monday, October 25, 2004

IQ Tests

Here's one. I got a 142 on it which is ok but I've done better. The test said this:
Jeff, you are a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways.
Well goodie for me. So listen to me people, I'm officially smart. ;) That is if you think IQ tests are useful for more than predicting how well you do on IQ tests.

UPDATE: Oh and this one says its 153. Thats a pretty big variance between tests taken a day apart isn't it?

I find it funny that people seem to want to correlate IQ to accomplishments like "Nobel Prize Winner." Folks, accomplishments are as much about how you apply yourself as how smart you are. Thats why people like George Bush and John Kerry are running for president, because they have ambition. And the truly smart people like me realize this. :)

No comments: