Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Amy's Defense

Some people may be wondering how it went. Ummm not so well. Her yahoo horoscope was appropriate:
Just when you thought it was safe to come out, and were getting ready to do just that...well, don't. Not yet and especially if you don't have to. Today's astrological buffet is chock full of frustrations ... Should you give up? Absolutely not. Why would you, of all signs, even ask?
I'm not a big fan of horoscopes, but this one fit. Long story short, she's not done with the thesis yet and could really really use prayer right now. I'll let her say more if she wants to.

Amy and I had a little convo about horoscopes last night. I wonder what people think of them. Biblically, astrology led the Magi to the Christ child so I can't call it complete bunk. I can be skeptical though, especially with self-fulfilling prophecies. What do you guys think? My pastor recommends reading a chapter of Proverbs instead of the morning horoscope.

No comments: