Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Incredible Evening

Instapundit watched the Incredibles with his daughter and liked it.

I ended up buying a widescreen copy at BJs for $15 to go with my fullscreen that the Disney Store foisted upon me. The single men's small groups at church had a dinner and a movie night for the women. We showed my widescreen copy. It went over well and now both my copies are loaned out to people that want to watch the movie again. I may make the fullscreen copy my loaner.

A friend told me that the Disney Store is no longer actually owned by Disney. It was sold to some children's store chain. That explains a lot, but if I were the Disney Corp I would not like them dragging my brand name through the mud like this.

UPDATE:Evidently, some stores, like Saturday Matinee, are deliberately advertising that the Widescreen version of the Incredibles is available in their store. Most places seem to have both, Disney seems to be the only real mono-format store.

No comments: