Saturday, March 05, 2005

Marriage Advice

John at Locusts and Honey has marriage advice for me.
1. Make a habit of frequently nodding and saying "Uh-huh", because you will often find that your wife is talking to you. It's important that it looks like you're listening.
Amybear has caught on to this already. She is really good at telling when I'm not listening. Which is why I sometimes have to cover up with...
2. It is always a good time to tell your wife that you love her. Always.
She isn't allowed to not like me saying "I love you" even if it shows I'm not listening. She has already figured out that it means I'm filling a lull in conversation, but hey thats ok with her.
4. If your wife is not a morning person, do not attempt to convert her. Results will be painful (to you).
Luckily I'm not really a morning person either.
5. If possible, get a key to the chapel, in case the church custodian forgets to show up on the day of the wedding and let you in.
Not appicable since our Christian-Jewish ceremony won't involve either a church or synagogue. Unfortunately we'll have to do with the majesty of God's creation instead. ;)
6. Remember that weird uncle that you met when you were five and haven't seen since? If you don't send him an invitation, he will be very upset with you, and so will your parents who will be scandalized by your insensitivity.
Eh, our parents will be scandalized anyway. I'll call my wedding a success if both sides of the family are equally upset with us.

No comments: