Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Reminds Me of Ron White

Anyone out there seen the Blue Collar Comedy Tour? Some have. Anyway I really like Ron White, he's the big Texan who dresses in black and drinks scotch. On stage. One of my favorite jokes he tells goes something like this:
Now I had dinner the other day with a guy I grew up with who moved from Texas to California and became a vegetarian. About halfway through dinner at the restaurant, he started complaining about how his stomach was bothering him.

"They must have used beef broth in this vegetable soup," he said.

I looked at him and said, "Son, what kind of man are you if you can't handle broth?"

He got a little offended and went on about the effect cows have on the environment. Pollution, consumption, erosion... "What are you doing to prevent all this?" he asked.

"Well, I eat the cows."
In that vein, it's the Third Annual Eat an Animal for PETA Day. Feel free to celebrate. Amybear and I hit Outback Steakhouse yesterday, but it was after sundown and Amy is Jewish so it counts. We probably won't be gorging ourselves on more cowflesh today. Unless it's leftovers of course.

No comments: