Sunday, May 01, 2005

Home Again

Well my brother came home from the hospital today. He'll be staying at my parents for a couple of weeks at least. Probably more. He isn't exactly enjoying himself, but things could be worse and he knows it.

My mother and I were tasked with bringing another load of stuff from his apartment today. This one was computer equipment so he can start working from home part-time as he recovers. Our job involved me taking apart my brother's computer setup. The sheer number of cables brought to mind the harvest fields from the Matrix. Evidently his computer systems reproduce by budding or something. A cable would run off into a corner and behold another cybernetic outbreak.

In the end I think I managed to grab a cord and cable for everything, but God only knows if I succeeded at this point. Fortunately my brother also realizes he has no right to complain if I unfortunately failed him.

No comments: