Monday, May 23, 2005

Pink Lord of the Jeff

That is what I felt like after a trip to Antietam thursday. I burn easily and I didn't wear sunscreen or a hat. Oops. Luckily I was just Freckled Lord of the Jeff by the wedding Saturday.

Amybear and I went to see Revenge of the Sith saturday. It was good. Not great, but good and definitely better than the last two. I liked it, but Amy got a little bored in a few parts. It was a bit long at two and half hours.

My biggest complaints have to do with direction. George Lucas is a notoriously poor director of actors. However this is to be expected and Revenge of the Sith was better than previous movies. My real problem was some of the action sequences and camera angles chosen. I have to say that the sequences in the Clone Wars cartoons were better implemented than those in parts of this movie. If I'm seeing a lightsaber duel (of which there are many in the movie) I would really like to see the duel, not two people's faces with flashing light in between. I mean when you have General Grievous wielding 4 light sabers at once, and all you see is his face and whirls of light, then it's a little disappointing.

UPDATE: Syntax Yoda use. Means it that German he is.

No comments: