Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Paypal

Michael Dean has had trouble with someone on eBay and, by association, PayPal. His response was to invoke credit card consumer protection on PayPal. We'll see what happens.

I'd like to note that I try to avoid eBay and PayPal. I really should sell some stuff off on eBay, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't trust the consumer and I have a hard time trusting the seller. But I have friends that do it all the time. So eventually (like before I move next) I will sell off the protege intakes that are sitting in my storage space.

PayPal is another matter. I don't trust them. For those not in the know PayPal likes to keep itself in a business model gray area in order to avoid government regulation. They aren't a credit card company. They aren't a bank. They are both or neither as the situation requires to avoid the applicable credit card and banking laws. If that sounds hokey to you, it is because it is. If you want to know more about the dark side of PayPal, here is a good place to start.

No comments: