Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Mawwage

Instapundit linked to Ann Althouse on marriage. It was probably because she used the words marriage and tantric sex in the same sentence. Since I'm making wedding plans, I was intrigued. Turns out her post didn't have much to do with sex so I was disappointed. Amy and I aren't cohabitating so our marriage will be one in the more traditional sense and a lot of her complaints simply don't apply.

One comment did strike me though:
I wish there were fewer long, boring, conventionally extravagant weddings. But that goes for everyone, not just weddings after cohabitation.
I don't want my wedding to be an affair where people get together, eat a meal, talk with their relatives for 3 hours, and then leave after they feel propriety has been satisfied. I want people to come and enjoy themselves and not want to leave. Unfortunately I'm not exactly a party animal so doing this may be a problem.

Oh and a reward for those of you who slogged through this: pictures of ugly dresses. Don't let them happen to you.

No comments: