Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I Completely Understand

Scott Adams has this to say about the Florida teacher sex scandal:
Did you hear about the hot blonde 25-year old female teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year old student? That’s a serious crime. And yet, having been a 14-year old boy myself, I have a hard time feeling sorry for the kid, since he’s the victim of my biggest fantasy at that age. (I had this French teacher, but sadly for me she was law abiding.)
I completely understand what Scott is saying. In my high school we had this gym teacher who was smokin' hot and fresh out of college. When I first saw her, I thought she was a student and I was not alone. She got married one summer while school was out and the male student population was depressed for at least a marking period. Would I have had sex with her given the chance? Probably not. Partly because I was a good Christian boy, but mostly because I wouldn't have had a clue what to do with her besides put tab A into slot B.

Anyway the teacher, Debra LaFave, committed a pretty serious crime. She has admitted to having bi-polar disorder. In other words she is crazy-go-nuts. A 23 year-old teacher caught having consensual sex with a 14 year-old student on school grounds turns out to be nuts? I would never have guessed. Hopefully living out every 14 year-old's dream hasn't really screwed up his development.

No comments: