Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Religious Left

There are some and sometimes they even have good theology. But when lefty politicos suddenly get religious, I suddenly get suspicious.

But beyond that I just feel sorry for the left. When you're understanding of Christianity is so poor that the best religious rhetoric you can come up with is "Jesus would oppose this immigration law", all I can feel is pity. You don't get it and you obviously don't realize it or you wouldn't be saying things like that in public. There are so many things you could use good (if, in my opinion, flawed) "Love your neighbor" and "Honor your Parents" rhetoric on, but instead Hillary picks illegal immigration? What the hell?

I find it sad that the only religious member of the left I have any respect for is Joe Lieberman. And he's Jewish.

No comments: