Saturday, February 26, 2005

Captain America Moments

That is what Amybear calls them anyway. I went to pick up my new shooting bag from the rental office package closet. It had come when I was off proposing to Amy last weekend.

While there a guy come in asking if the complex had a maintenance guy who could give him a jumpstart. Unfortunately, they didn't. No regular maintenance people work on weekends. I always keep jumper cables in my trunk, so I offered to help. He appreciated it.

I pulled my Protege around to his Camry. Luckily he had one of the late 80s vintage cars, not the current larger Camrys Toyota started turning out in the 90s. I've tried jumping a large vehicle with my little car before and its not much fun. It took a couple of tries but we got his car started. He took off to Jiffy Lube and was going to try to get them to check his battery. Hopefully, they check the alternator too. If a battery goes it can overwork and damage the alternator so it fails soon after. Good luck buddy.

I keep a small kit in my car for these kind of emergencies. It has a flashlight, jumper cables, an electric pump, and a few other small tools. I should probably buy a small gas can to keep back there too. I've given a bunch of people jumps over the years, including a professor I who was teaching me Heat Transfer. I got an A by the way. Go figure.

No comments: