Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Support a Sniper

Kim du Toit's site actively donates material support to Walter and Adam, two snipers in Iraq. Pictures of the contents of this month's care package are here. Note the Tampax in the last picture. Yes Walter and Adam are men, but it turns out that tampons are also amazing first aid technology. They are sterile and sanitary and are designed to staunch blood loss. Basically they are instant field dressings. Maxipads are also popular for broad surface wounds. Go figure.

Oh and they sent them boresnakes for their rifles. I recently bought one in .30 cal for my M1 carbine. Long story short, my cleaning rods are going into storage and I'll be buying appropriately sized boresnakes for all my firearms from here out. They are wonderful and I don't have to worry about damaging my barrel crown.

No comments: