Macrovision announced on Tuesday a new program that it says will block nearly 97 percent of the illegal DVD-copying software used by Internet pirates.The company remained mum about the remaining 3% of ripping software which will shortly expand to encompass 100% of that marketplace.
I know I'm a cynic. But if you can play it on your computer or your tv, then thousands of people will be working day and night to build the tools to rip the damn thing. It's only a matter of time, so hopefully your encryption is good enough that it'll take a while to crack. But thats all we're talking about, the interval until it is cracked.
Will Collier has similar thoughts.