Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Rings and Things

Speaking of presents... Amybear's engagement ring has been bought. A jeweler is custom building the setting and band right now. I went with a .60 ct center stone and two 4mm heart-cut synthetic emeralds as sidestones. I also looked at tourmaline (not as pretty as synthetic emerald) and green moissanite (unavailable) out of concerns that emeralds might be too fragile. Luckily synthetic emeralds are much stronger than natural emeralds so they should hold up well. The setting will be white gold and band will be yellow gold.

Brenda at Barclay Jewelers in the Christiana Mall has been excellent. She is a pleasure to deal with and I have really liked working with her. Brenda believes in the importance of giving the customer good service and a good deal. For some reason she thinks that will get people to refer their friends and acquaintences to her. Well it worked for me, so go buy from her now.

One of the side benefits of getting a good deal on Amybear's ring has been a little extra money to buy myself a belated christmas present. I'm pricing out an M1 carbine from Auto Ordinance and I'll probably be buying a Browning Buck Mark as well. Amybear has requested that I not acquire an arsenal. Well "arsenals" are really in the eye of the beholder aren't they? Queue maniacal laughter...

No comments: