Friday, February 11, 2005

Good Diet Sodas

I've been trying to cut back on my empty calories for a while. The result has been trying several diet low-suger alternative materials.

I tried splenda-laced ice cream once. It has a little sticker that says "may have a laxative effect." I didn't see that though so I ate it like regular ice cream i.e. out of a big ole bowl. Boy howdy they weren't kidding. So only real ice cream, or at worst frozen yogurt, for me.

Still a big success has been cutting out most of my real soda intake in favor of "diet" alternatives. This let me drop tons of refined sugar from my diet. The following is a list of diet beverages that evidentally don't suck:
  • Diet Pepsi Vanilla
  • Diet Dr Pepper
  • Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper
  • Diet Coke Lime
  • Diet Nestea Cool Lemon
  • Diet Cheerwine
  • Water
Of these I have not tried Diet Cheerwine, but it uses Splenda so there is reason to have faith in its goodness. Amybear recommended it though and she has notoriously bad taste in this regard. She was raised on Diet Coke and thinks that real Coke tastes "funny". It was a wicked trick in mental conditioning perpetrated upon her by her otherwise saintly mother.

If anyone else has a favorite that doesn't taste awful, let me know and I'll append it to the list.

No comments: