Sunday, February 06, 2005

Superbowl

Well the Eagles lost. They made a pretty good fight of it, but they were outplayed. The defense wasn't capable of keeping up with the Pats on the run. McNabb and the offense was too slow in the last quarter and made too many turnovers. But it took them 3 or 4 years to win the NFC, so in another 3 years the Eagles are a shoo-in right? ;)

I ended up watching the Superbowl with my family (brother, mom, dad) at my parent's place. My church, being in the Philly metro area, gave up and had a superbowl party in the fellowship hall. Except they weren't going to watch the half-time show or the commercials. I would have gladly given up halftime given the overall quality of previous shows, but commercials? Not for the Superbowl I won't. Plus I would have had to bring my own snackage. Not if I go to Mom's I don't.

Half time was actually pretty good. Even though George Harrison is/was my favorite Beatle, I'm still a bit of a McCartney fan. The show was simple but satisfying unlike the Spectacular! Spectacular! half-times of yester-year which where full of sound and light and crappy talentless popstars. Looks its Aerosmith (yay!) and N'sync (boo!) and Britney Spears (pray for wardrobe malfunction!)... One of these things is not like the others...

Luckily no breasts were popping out this year either. While the initial sight might be nice, the debacle following it was insane. I'd rather not see Sir Paul's shriveled chest anyway. Talk about English Leather...

No comments: