Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Grammy Music

While down south in dixie, I bought some new tunes. Amybear and I stopped off at Best Buy and they had a sale on a bunch of Grammy winning albums. So I picked up Green Day's American Idiot and the Black Eyed Peas' Elefunk. Oh and a boatload of Beatles albums that had nothing to do with the Grammies.

American Idiot doesn't really do anything for me. I do actually like hard rock mind you. But during the first listen through, the middle of the album blended together into this whiny punkish strumfest. Some songs are good, but a lot of them just all sound the same after a while. Needs more chords. And cowbell.

The Black Eyed Peas album is really fun though. It's probably the first rap album I've owned and I really like it. Amybear and I have a soft spot of Smells like Funk for instance. I know I'm a big white nerd and Amy is a cute little Jew and we're enjoying rap that isn't the Beastie Boys. Go figure.

Oh and on a slightly different, but related, topic. Ever wonder what my site would look like if Snoop was reading it? Probably not judging from the guys I've met. But I'm going to link to Gizoogle and the Ask Snoop Shizzolator anyway. I still like Ask Snoop a bit better because it also shizzolates the links, but its a lot slower. Fo' Sho...

No comments: