Monday, February 07, 2005

The M1 Carbine

I ordered one at my gun shop on Friday. It should be in this weekend. Then it's a spray down with brake cleaner to get off the packing grease, some oil, and off to range!

Before the superbowl my brother and I were watching a show on CMT (Country Music Television). Not my usual channel but sometimes they do have something good on, like westerns. In this case it was a show on rumors floating around the country music industry for years. VH1 has aired similar stuff. The one that got my goat was "John Denver was actually an Army sniper with over 10 confirmed kills." This was of course false. The funny part was that people claimed he named his rifle "Sunshine." So "Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy" takes a whole new meaning.

Because of this, my M1 will probably be named Sunshine. Unless it misbehaves a lot at which point it won't "make me happy". It's just too good a joke to pass up.

UPDATE: A picture of the M1 carbine is here. A little history on it is here.

No comments: