Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Condi and the NAACP

Color me shocked, the NAACP is actually on the same side as I am. I feel like that scene in the Rocketeer when the G-men and the Mobsters are fighting side by side against the Nazis. Mmm tommyguns...

Sorry I got distracted there. Anyway here is the story. As a reaction to people using racist slurs against Condi Rice, Kweisi (Queasy?) Mfume had this to say:
[The attacks on Rice] are just as bad as those who hide under sheets and burn crosses.
I wonder how long this will last. Well we have 2 years until the next national elections so I predict maybe a year of goodwill followed by a campaign season full of griping.

UPDATE: Ambra Nykol is having similar reactions. I agree that I will be watching for low-flying swine on my drive home.

No comments: